At some point, you’ll find yourself in a situation where you need to edit several posts or pages, and making changes to each post or page individually would definitely be a hassle, no? Fortunately, WordPress has a built-in feature for that, the Bulk Actions -> Edit.
In this post, I will show you how to use that feature and bulk edit posts and pages!
How to bulk edit posts
What you need to do is to:
- Go to Posts -> All Posts;
- Select the posts that you want to edit, by checking the boxes in front of them;
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, select Edit;
- Click the Apply button next to the drop-down menu;
- Make your desired changes to the selected posts;
In this example, I added the posts to the “Games” category and changed their status to “Published”, since they were drafts.
- Click the Update button;
That’s it! Easy, right?
How to bulk edit pages
It’s basically the same thing here, except you need to go to Pages -> All pages, of course. You’ll also notice that you’ll have less things to edit for the pages:
That’s a wrap
Hope you found our tutorial useful!
If you have any questions or thoughts, please drop a comment! And don’t forget to subscribe in order to stay posted with more WordPress tutorials!